YOUTH DEVELOPMENT MODEL
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT MODEL
15.-16.8 2020, PRAGUE
In this 2-day education series, the objective is to examine the Physical Qualities youth athletes need to be successful in their development process. We will examine programs from U8 through U18 to understand how to train across the development spectrum and discuss the training windows for their biological age. We will also examine performance and movement standards that our athletes will need to understand to be successful. The physical qualities we will cover in detail are:
- Balance & Stability
- Reaction (Fun and Games)
- Strength (Foundational)
The coach in attendance will leave the event with tools and templates for implementation across, warm- up, plyometrics, movement mechanics, strength standards and conditioning for youth athletes. In summary, we will work to make our training methods specific for youth athletes, not just a simplified version of how we train professional athletes.
- The Process: Keeping the “End in Mind
- In this presentation, we will discuss the process the athletes will go through across 3 stages of growth. These 3 Stages are known as Foundational, Development and Performance.
- We will take you through a step by step journey from U8-U18, all while keeping the end goals in mind.
- We will describe the difference between development and performance training.
- Digging into the Research: Current findings on Youth Development
- This presentation will highlight the validated and current finding for key aspects in youth development. Specifically, we will look at growth and maturation, Speed & Power development, strength training for youth.
- Speaking in images: Tools for cueing Youth Athletes
- Images, shapes, coach orientation
- The Non-Negotiables: How to implement key training components
- What to include in 10-15 minutes?
- Teach how to stop, how to start, how to turn
- How and why to teach landing mechanics (drop landings)
- Blending Movement Quality and Movement Skills (Part 1& 2)
- Organizing a semi-structured warm up in 10-15 mins
- How to stop: Teaching this starting point to youth
- How to start: Positions to consider and how to teach these
- How to turn: Setting up the environment for reactive agility
- Strength Practical:
- Step by step process for a volume-based approach
- Alternatives to dumbbells and barbells
- A Micro-dosing Approach to Youth S&C
- Performance Evaluation:
- Setting up the Structure & Standards
- Consistency is the KEY to Evaluation
- What we look at the youth levels
425 EURO / 11 390 Kč
FTVS UK, José Martiho, Prague 6
Mgr. Ondřej Lunga,email@example.com, + 420 602415684